Community Grant Program
Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurses and nursing students are participating in projects throughout the state to bring desperately needed psychiatric care to underserved and vulnerable populations.
The Lois Price Spratlen Foundation is here to help.
Our new Foundation Community Grant will provide up to $2,000 to support a project which bring mental health services to communities across our state.
Community health, correctional facilities, rural counties, and underserved communities struggle to find qualified mental health providers. The social, economic, and insurance environment has led to a criticality of this deficit in practitioner supply.
The nursing model of integrated and holistic mental health care is essential to meeting this need. Psychiatric ARNPs and nursing students are leading innovative local interventions and programs to assist those in need.
Application materials may be submitted online or by mail or email. Materials must be received or postmarked by October 1, 2018.
Complete our online community grant application form.
Download our community grant application (PDF).
- Mail to Lois Price Spratlen Foundation, 1229 Cornwall Ave., Suite 308, Bellingham, WA 98225; or
- Email materials in PDF format to office@theLois.org. Emailed submissions must include all of the materials listed below in a single email correspondence.
Community grant application materials must include the following:
- Completed Foundation Grant Application.
Project description that includes the areas addressed in the grant application.
Grant impact statement detailing how the grant funding will be used.
- Applicant’s current résumé.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Foundation will select grant recipient. All information will be held in strict confidence.
This grant is a one-time award. New recipients will be selected annually.
Grant recipient will be notified by email and will be honored at the Foundation Gala on November 4, 2018, where grant money will be distributed.
Grant recipient agrees to submit the following:
- Project update and photos—if available—to LPSF for use in LPSF publicity materials.
- Final report on the project to the Foundation by July 31, 2019. This report should detail how the grant was used to further the project.
Questions? Call us at 360-734-3166 or email office@theLois.org.